Nowadays, the prevalence of various health conditions such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes has increasingly risen; hence, people are becoming more health-conscious. Some people choose to exercise regularly to control weight while others choose to diet.
Today, anyone can just choose from various diets like Atkins, South Beach, or even a natural apple vinegar diet among others. From the aforementioned diet programs, only the apple cider diet seems easiest to follow. For one, all you have to do is take a tablespoon or two a day of apple cider diluted in water. Many people over the world, prefer the apple vinegar diet because it’s cheap, convenient and provides health benefits.
There are claims that apple cider diet can relieve hyperacidity because it corrects the ph level making the body more alkaline. Similarly, people taking apple cider suggest that it can curb one’s appetite to lose weight. But before you start with the apple vinegar diet, there are important facts you must be aware of.
- Apple cider vinegar is still acid. In fact, it is very acidic and can burn your tongue if swallowed purely.
- Additionally, it may prevent the proper absorption of calcium in the body that’s not good for your bones.
- Since it is an acid, it may decrease the body’s potassium levels. Having low potassium levels would interfere with normal functions of the heart and cause weaker muscles.
- Also, drinking apple cider vinegar can corrode your teeth because it wears down the enamel.
- Individuals with health conditions taking insulin may not benefit from an apple cider diets.
Like any other diet, apple vinegar diet has its pros and cons which you should be aware of. Better yet, see a doctor to have proper advice on how to lose weight. Eating a healthy diet and working out an irregular basis can bring you more health benefits than simply dieting.
What Makes Apple Cider a Good Diet
Various weight loss and fitness programs are out in the market, and these include trimming equipment, herbal supplements, manufactured pills and food diets. For centuries now, the vinegar made from fermented apples has been popularly used for the improvement of bodily functions as well as an agent of weight loss. The apple cider vinegar diet has been attested as effective by most of its users and here are the following reasons why:
- The first reason is the apple cider vinegar diet’s effectiveness. As each person would have different metabolisms and reactions to the ACV intake, the most notable instances wherein the inclusion provides a reduction in the weight when it is complemented by everyday balanced nutrition and exercise.
- The curbing of the appetite, as well as the aid of the vinegar components in breaking down fats and proteins into byproducts, help in avoiding weight gain.
- Compared to medical surgeries or other equipment and facilities, a good ACV would only cost about $3. Remember to look out for organic made ones and do not settle for cheap brands that are not as effective and helpful.
- Preliminary studies show that people are likely to experience the fullness and therefore prevent excessive eating upon taking a small amount before a meal. The amount should be regulated, however, to prevent any overdose effects.
- Diabetes, high cholesterol and heart risks, indigestion, slow metabolism, constipation and chest congestion are only a few of the other disorders that an apple cider vinegar diet can help with. Some also have a noticeable improvement in their skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar Weight Loss: Truth Or Crap?
Apple cider vinegar diet helps promote weight loss. It helps the body eliminate excess fluid and speed up metabolism as well as limit your appetite. Now you do not only use apple cider for cooking purposes, but also in achieving that healthy lifestyle. So how does apple cider vinegar work?
- It is said to be a natural way to lose weight because it has ingredients that help fat cells to drain and send those fats to the muscle.
- As muscle burn calories, fats are clearly eliminated. It also contains trace elements and vitamins, minerals and acetic acid, lactic acid, enzymes, propionic acid, and fiber.
- According to Hippocrates apple, cider vinegar is a natural antiseptic and antibiotic that fights germs as well as regulates the alkaline or acid balance in the body.
- It is also beneficial for arthritis and osteoporosis.
Studies have shown that apple cider vinegar has lots of benefits. But the question is, does apple cider vinegar diet for weight loss really work?
It was in the 1970s when the apple cider vinegar diet became popular. Losing weight with the apple cider vinegar diet is actually simple. Just take one to three teaspoons of this apple cider vinegar before every meal, beginning with one teaspoon, working your way up to two and then three. It will eventually reduce your food cravings and hunger.
Remember that when you begin your apple cider vinegar diet, it is recommended that you buy your apple cider vinegar from a health store. Organic apple cider vinegar is better than the ones you see in the supermarkets, which are the refined version.
Note: We can trace the popularity of the apple cider vinegar diet in the ancient Egyptians. Apple cider vinegar was believed to drive the metabolism to burn fat faster. It has properties that lessen cholesterol, and the mixture of pectin and acetic vinegar may be effective in weight loss.
There is still no documented evidence that apple cider vinegar diet helps weight loss. But it is a natural product that is beneficial for the health because it prevents many kinds of illnesses and diseases. There is no harm in trying apple cider vinegar diet because of its organic properties so side effects are rare. In fact, there are more health benefits than disadvantages. You might want to try other diets in losing weight but including apple cider vinegar to you, daily food intake is not a bad idea.
How To Make Apple Cider
For some people, apple cider vinegar is very useful for food preparation, especially when making sauces, salads, and even chutney. For this reason, people are interested in learning how to make apple cider so they can benefit too. Be guided by the following easy steps on learning how to make apple cider for your consumption.
- Oxygen supply and temperature are two major factors that must be carefully considered when doing the vinegar on your own.
- This requires having a cheesecloth filter in lieu of a cover or lid; one must carefully stir the solution to allow oxygen to penetrate it.
- The temperature during fermentation must be kept between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit (F) to get desired results.
- Lower temperatures would not yield usable vinegar, while higher temperatures discourage the formation of the “mother of vinegar”.
- Once the fermentation process is complete, the mother of vinegar would settle down in the bottom of the solution.
If you want to yield high-quality apple cider vinegar, do the following:
- Select good apples to gave a clean cider.
- Add yeast and bacteria to convert the fruit sugar to alcohol.
- Allow the alcohol to undergo acetic acid fermentation.
- Filter and remove acetic acid to stop further fermentation.
Note: you must use only glass or plastic cookware since metal would not work well with acid. Even when it comes to storing this solution with vinegar, this is applicable. The only materials that are suitable to use are:- plastic, glass, wood, or earthen jars.