The last few days have been unseasonably cool and the urge to bake has hit me like a ton of flour – I just hope I haven’t ruined my ever existing diet! This is a great recipe for cake or cupcakes. (Cake: use a 9×13 pan and bake for the same amount of time or until done.)
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cup Flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 medium carrots shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Beat sugar, oil, and eggs in a large bowl on medium until well blended.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt on low speed for 1 minute.
- Add carrots and stir to mix well.
- Scoop batter into the lined cupcake tins 2/3 s full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in cupcake pan for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack until completely cooled.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz soft cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup soft unsalted butter
- 2-3 tsp whole milk
- 1 tsp Maple extract
- 4 Cup powdered sugar
- Beat cream cheese, butter, milk, and Maple extract in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low until mixture is smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, 1 C at a time on low until it can spread.
- Scoop frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip and frost cupcakes.
- Keep in refrigerator.