Best Laser Level | 2018 Reviews
Laser levels are the ideal weapons to help you achieve precise and level lines every time. Whether you’re out on a construction site, undertaking carpentry projects or carrying out some home DIY, nothing beats the best laser line level for accuracy and ease of use.
By projecting lines onto whatever surface they’re set down upon, these nifty devices pack inbuilt spirit levels so you can get precise results whatever the application. In today’s best laser level reviews, we’ll break down 5 of the very best laser levels for home users. We’ll also offer up some options if you want something more commercial with the best laser level for builders and carpenters. You can also check our other review articles:
Don’t leave things to chance to rely on your eye to level things up. Make a modest investment in any of these 5 laser line levels and get the job done properly.
#1 DEWALT DW089LG 12V MAX 3 X 360 Line Laser Review
First up in our best laser level reviews is a precise and affordable line laser from the industry stalwart DeWalt. You’ll get a fantastic combination of accuracy and affordability combined with a drop-resistant unit capable of withstanding heavy punishment on the job site.
Packing rechargeable batteries, you’ll enjoy minimal running costs. For long-range 360-degree visibility with 3 awesome green lasers, make your leveling work easy by investing in this line laser. You can pick out a line of sight at a distance of up to 100 feet with ease.
You’ll even get a charger, case and some laser enhancement glasses thrown in so you’ll get plenty of bang for your buck.
Check out the DeWalt today and you will not be disappointed.
- 3 lasers for full 360-degree coverage
- Green beam laser
- Uses 12V rechargeable lithium-ion batteries
- Highly resistant to water and dust
- Magnetic bracket
- Extremely rugged with over-molded casing rated IP65 for resistance to water and other construction-related debris
- Superb locking pendulum protects the innards
- Trio of green lasers much more effective than the standard red light
- Save money over time with rechargeable batteries
- Highly accurate to a tolerance of +/- 0.125
- Although the maximum voltage is 12V, nominal voltage drops to 10.8V so be aware of this.
#2 Bosch GCL25 Self Leveling 5-Point Alignment Laser Review
Next up in our best laser level reviews is a pricey but highly effective level from Bosch. You’ll have both a cross-line and also 5 laser points with the GCL25 so you get two pieces of kit rolled into one neat package.
There are 4 modes that you can activate easily at the push of a button:
- Horizontal Line
- Vertical Line
- 5 Point
The default status of this laser level is for it to self-level. By pressing the keypad, you can flick to manual mode if the application calls for it. Accuracy is exceptional and you’ll get things down to as close as 1/8 inch even at a distance of 30 feet.
Whether you’re plumbing, putting up shelves, out on the job site or simply doing some home DIY, this laser level is not cheap but it’s right up there with the very best laser line levels on the market.
- 5 laser dots
- Slope mode
- Accurate to +/- 1/8 inch at 30 feet
- 2-in-1 functionality with cross-line and 5 points
- Flick between 4 modes for maximum flexibility
- Self-leveling thanks to Smart Pendulum System
- Lock in lines with manual mode for extra precision
- Laser lines highly visible so perfect for all applications
- Fairly expensive but still great overall value
- Sold as bare tool only
#3 PLS Laser PLS-60521 PLS180 Laser Level Tool Review
As we reach the midpoint of our laser level reviews, another hard-hitting level, this time from PLS. Unlike the Bosch bare tool, you’ll get everything you need here with a pouch and case alongside some batteries so you’re good to go straight out the box.
Accurate to a tolerance of +/- 1/8 inch at 30 feet, you’ll get the precision you need for superior results whatever the job in question. Rugged and built to stay the distance, you should get many years of service from this outstanding laser level.
The only significant downside of this laser level worth drawing your attention to is the red laser it uses. This doesn’t give you quite the same accuracy or reach as the green lights used by many of PLS’s competitors so buyer beware.
- Red laser
- Accurate to +/- 1/8 inch at 30 feet
- 30 hours of run time
- Pouch, bracket, case, and batteries included
- Perfect for working inside or outdoors at short and mid-range
- Dampening system means you’ll get much less vibration that can mar your reading
- Professional-grade built quality and performance so ideal for use on the job site or in your home
- Comes with everything included to get up and running immediately
- Fantastic 3-year limited warranty so buy with complete confidence
- Fairly expensive but included all you need so decent value from a brand you can trust
- Red laser is not as effective as green laser
#4 Bosch GLL 3-80 3 Laser with BM1 Positioning Device Review
Bosch serves up a bare tool laser only in the form of the GLL 3-80, a wonderful 3-plane device well worth popping on your shortlist. This laser integrates fully with an LR2 receiver so you can pulse the laser even at long distances or if it’s extremely bright out on site.
The accuracy of this device is first-rate. It allows you to project lines up to 265 feet and it delivers a tolerance of +/- ¼-inch across this full distance. With 3 independent planes, you’ll get a complete alignment solution without any rotating motors to complicate things.
Although it’s not suitable for beginners, if you’re an experienced tradesman who appreciates the best, check out this plane leveling alignment laser from Bosch for professional results whatever your leveling needs.
- 2 vertical planes and 1 horizontal plane through 360 degrees
- Integrates with LR2 laser receiver
- Smart Pendulum System
- Manual mode available
- Works well with laser receiver even in very bright sunlight or over long distances
- Self-leveling for your convenience and also indicates if laser is out of level
- Magnificent range accurate up to 265 feet even in bright conditions
- 3 separate 360-degree planes for total versatility
- Accurate to ¼-inch over its full range so spot-on in terms of precision even with demanding applications
- Alignment laser only so you’ll need additional kit
- Certainly not the cheapest option at your disposal
#5 DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser Review
Last but not least in our laser level reviews is another great DeWalt level, the DW088K which is a strong contender for the best cross line laser up for grabs today.
You can press this laser into action with the DW0892 line laser detector which you’d need to by separately. This will allow you a pulse mode and extend the range out to 165 feet. Although the DeWalt is self-leveling, this only works in a limited capacity to think about this before you buy.
Accuracy is in line with most competing levels and the range is also comparable. Backed by the standard DeWalt warranty, you’re in very safe hands with this laser line so check one out today!
- Horizontal and vertical lasers
- Water resistant
- Pulse mode
- Magnetic pivot
- Mount on metal surfaces with ease thanks to the neat magnetic pivoting base
- Great value for money without compromising quality
- Accurate to +/- 1/8-inch at a distance of 30 feet so ideal for most leveling jobs
- Extremely rugged and able to withstand being splashed with water or showered with debris
- 3-year limited warranty takes all the sting out of purchasing
- Self-levels only within a range of +/- 10 to 15 degrees so limited on that score
How to Find Best Laser Level for Homeowner:
Here’s a brief snapshot of what you should look out for when you’re on the trail of the best laser level…
- Accuracy: Whatever job you have in mind for your laser level, it’s useless unless it’s extremely accurate. As long as the level can find a true line, whether it’s self-leveling or you need to take care of positioning yourself, you’re good to go. Self-leveling models with internal pendulums are the most precise. Look for one that can work even if it’s slightly out of level itself if this is the variety you are investigating.
- Type of Level: Cross-line laser levels project both a vertical and horizontal line. Most of these are self-leveling. Rotary laser levels just give out a single line that spins so you can get a level line through a full 360 degrees. The most basic and cheapest single line laser levels require you to level them manually using the integrated spirit level.
- Projection: Think about the distance your intended level can project a line, the fan angle – the width of the line projected – and the number of beams it can kick out.
- Durability: The best laser level is pointless if it’s not built to stay the distance. Look out for one that’s built to withstand a little punishment.
- Price: Budget always plays a part in any buying decision but it should never be the determining factor.
We hope you’ve found these laser levels reviews useful and informative. You should now be perfectly placed to get the very best equipment for the job whatever you’re requirements.
Drop us a line anytime with your questions or feedback. We’re always more than happy to help.
Thanks for reading and come back soon!