Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls became a Christmas morning tradition early in my marriage. I decided to try my hand at making these delicious sweet rolls and now, after 17 years, this recipe is preferred and made every year!
- 1 cup warm water (105-115 degree)
- 1 cup warmed milk
- 1/4 cup dry milk powder
- 1 large package vanilla pudding
- 2/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 7-8 cup all-purpose flour, or more if needed
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- In a small bowl mix together warm water,milk, pudding mix,yeast and sugar and set aside. In a large bowl, mix milk, remaining 2/3 cup sugar, melted butter, salt and eggs; stir well and add in yeast mixture. Add half the flour and beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour until dough is slightly stiff (dough will be sticky).
- Turn out onto a well-floured board; knead 5 -10 minutes. Place in well-buttered glass or plastic bowl, cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- When doubled, punch down dough and let rest 5 minutes. Roll out on floured surface into a 15 x 20 inch rectangle.
- To prepare filling: Spread dough with 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix together 1 1/2 cups sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over buttered dough. Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins, if desired.
- Roll up jellyroll-fashion and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices. Coat bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking pan and a 8-inch square pan with remaining 1/2 cup melted butter, then sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in pans. Let rise in warm place until dough is doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until rolls are nicely browned. Cool rolls slightly.
- Cinnabon Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 pound Margarine
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 2 pound powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring Butter & Cream Cheese to room temp. Combine all ingredients and mix well or 12 minutes. Spread over rolls that have cooled slightly.
This can be made up the night before and set to bake while the kids are opening stockings!