Have you ever thought about making your own laundry soap? Think it is too much work or won’t work as good as the store-bought liquid kind? Well, I thought of the idea of making my own laundry soap just like you. One day I finally went out and bought everything needed and gave it shot.
The only thing that is kind of pain is when you mix it all up and pour into your container, the dust is kind of strong. I think you can get past that once you see how WONDERFUL this is! Best to have a fan going or a window open when you pour your mixture into the jar.
Remember this makes a lot so be careful when choosing your canister. It needs to be enough to hold all your new laundry soap.
- Borax (biggest box)
- Arm and Hammer Washing Soda (biggest box)
- Oxi Clean or cheap brand works just as well (biggest tub)
- Washing Crystals
- 3-4 bars of Dove soap (any scent is fine)]
- Trash bag (for mixing)
- A pretty container big enough for your laundry soap.
- Get out your food processor and your dove soap. (or hand shredder) Now process your bars of Dove soap so they are finely shredded.
- Get your trash bag and open it (easier if you have someone helping you or use a bin or bucket to help hold trash bag open).
- Pour Borax into trash bag
- Pour Arm and Hammer Washing Soda into trash bag
- Pour Oxi clean into trash bag
- Pour your shredded Dove soap into trash bag
- Pour your Washing Crystals into trash bag (I use 2 containers of Washing Crystals per batch and I use 2 different scents)
- Now in the trash bag hold it tight and use your other hand to mix your CONCOCTION the best you can.
- Now pour your CONCOCTION into your pretty container and enjoy.