This is super easy and fun to make with the kids! We are getting ready for school here and will be using this playdough in our “word work” and center breaks. (see printable recipe at the bottom) FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST for even more Crafts, Recipes & More!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- food coloring
- Mix together all the ingredients (except the food coloring) in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Cook over low/medium heat, stirring. Once it begins to thicken, add the food coloring. This will be a little lumpy, but that is OK.
- Continue stirring until the mixture is much thicker and begins to gather around the spoon.
- Remove the dough onto wax paper or a plate to cool.
**I have had this for a year and it is still soft!