Fajita Chicken Sandwiches
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- Pinch of red pepper
- 4 Tbs honey
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 4 slices Monterey jack
- Toasted baguettes, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, cumin, chili powder,red pepper and honey. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir until combined. Let marinate while you start cooking the onions and peppers.
- Heat remaining olive oil. Add peppers and onions and cook until tender.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is golden and no longer pink about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and cover with a lid to let melt.
- Garnish with cilantro and squeeze with lime.
- Serve on toasted bread or in a flour tortilla wrap