Mother’s Day is fast approaching! Get ready to make some great gifts your favorite Mom’s are sure to love!
Don’t want to wait to be pampered? Maybe you are not a “mother” but deserve a small treat this Mother’s Day (or any day)? Check out these great at gifts you can make for yourself or giveaway…
Rich and Soothing Chamomile Cleansing Milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp chamomile flowers, fresh or dried
- Put all ingredients in a double boiler insert.
- Set insert in the bottom of double boiler filled with water and place over medium heat.
- Bring to gentle boil, then turn heat to low and let simmer slowly for about 30 minutes, making sure not to let the mixture boil.
- Remove from heat and let sit at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Pour into a tightly sealed jar and refrigerate.
- This will keep for at least 2 weeks.
Watermelon Cocktail Facial Toner
- 2 Tbsp fresh watermelon juice
- 1 Tbsp vodka
- 2 Tbsp witch hazel
- 2 Tbsp distilled water
- Pour the watermelon juice through cheesecloth to remove any stray seeds or pieces of fruit.
- Put all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the mixture into a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Store in refrigerator.
- This will keep fresh for at least one week.
To use: Pour a small amount of liquid on a clean cotton ball or pad and stroke over face gently.
Soothing Bath Salts
- 3 cups dead sea salt
- 15-24 drops of your favorite essential oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Put all the ingredients in a glass or plastic bowl and mix together well. Pour into a nice glass jar with a good lid.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- To use, start bath water running and pour 1/2 cup salts under the water.
- Swish well to dissolve the salt thoroughly.
- Soak in bath for at least 15 to 20 minutes to enjoy the full effect. (Of course, you can substitute Epsom salts if you have them.)
Cocoa Butter Body Lotion Recipe
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 1 oz Avocado Butter
- 3 oz. cocoa butter
- 4 tablespoons Hemp Seed oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler until liquefied.
- Add in cocoa butter and blend.
- Gradually blend in oils.
- Pour into glass jar.
- Lotion will thicken as it cools.