Traeger Renegade Elite Grill Reviews
Nothing tastes better in the summertime than meat, seafood, or even vegetables cooked on an outdoor grill. When that grill can give you a wood-fired taste there’s just something about it that just can’t be duplicated. If you’re looking for a grill to add some elegance and great taste to your backyard parties this year, you’ll want to consider the Traeger Renegade Elite grill or similar models.
If you aren’t familiar with these grills, keep reading. We’ve combed through the Traeger pellet reviews and Traeger smoker reviews to get you the nitty gritty details on the Traeger line of grills. We’re going to break down how they work, who should buy a Traeger Pellet Grill, the types of food to cook on a Traeger Renegade grill, how grills by Traeger stacks up when compared with other smoker grills, and more.
Who is this Traeger Pellet Grill Good for
- Women who want to master the art of grilling
- Anyone who has previously been afraid to use charcoal or propane grills
- Grill masters who want to spend more time enjoying the party or time with family
- Chefs or anyone who wants to enhance food flavor using the wood smoke flavor
- Busy moms who need dinner to be hot, ready, and perfect every time
- Competitive BBQ-ers who want the competitive edge for their next competition
If your house is the one that everyone gravitates to for summer cookouts, you’ll want to consider buying the Traeger Texas Elite 34 wood pellet grill. It has the muscle and the mind to easily produce heaps of food to feed large groups of guests all at once. It will hold up to 8 chickens, 5 racks of ribs, or 30 burgers and cook them to perfection all while leaving you free to join the party with your friends.
Design & Features:
When it comes to grilling, the Traeger Texas Elite 34 is a quality product that will make you fall in love with backyard grilling all over again. Below are just some of the design elements and features that make this grill so great:
- Enhanced stability with upgraded 2-inch legs and wheels complete with locking casters
- Larger Grill Capacity with 646 square inches of grilling space which holds up to 8 whole chickens, 5 racks of ribs, or 30 burgers.
- Hopper Size is a hefty 18 pounds
- Durability is what you’d expect from the trusted Traeger name.
Weight: 125 lbs.
Height: 49 inches tall
Width: 54 inches
Depth: 22 inches
- Available in two colors
- Constructed of powder coated, cold-rolled steel
- 36,000 BTUs power for cooking
- 646 inches of interior space
- Temperature Detector Probe
- Auto Start System
- Easy clean out hopper
- Pellet controller 10-position dial
- Temperature range only to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
This compact Traeger Renegade Elite grill is smaller but still packs the mighty versatility the Traeger line of pellet grills has become well known for. It’s perfect for families to cook anything on the menu all year round. And just like the best customer-focused companies, Traeger makes assembly easy by providing you with the tools you need to put the whole thing together.
Design & Features:
- LED digital controller gives you confidence that the temperature is accurate, so you can walk away and get other tasks completed without worry.
- Built-in Heath Shield prevents flare-ups common with traditional grilling from ruining or drying out your food
- Easy change hopper clean-out door makes for easy reloading of pellets
- Included tool caddy rack and front shelf make this convenient to use every day
- All-Terrain wheels make it simple to move the Traeger Renegade Elite easily from deck to yard as needed.
- Interior Cooking Space: 380 square inches of cooking space
Weight: 100.3 lbs.
Height: 50 inches
Width: 40 inches
Depth: 22 inches
- Digital Elite Controller
- Hopper Clean-out Door
- EZ-drain grease mechanism
- Front wire rack and tool caddy rack
- Smaller interior grilling space can make cooking for groups take more time
If you’ve always been leery of propane-fueled gas grills or hated having to deal with messy charcoal grills that can be hard to light, you should buy the Traeger Select Elite Grill. It really is almost like having an outdoor oven, only better. You simply set the desired temperature using the dial on your Traeger Select and then come back when the food is done. You’ll love the 3-piece porcelain grate for easy clean up without the need for messy chemical oven cleaners.
Design & Features
When it comes to the Traeger Renegade Select, it’s the design and features of this magical grill that will win you over. Below are just a few of the design components and features that will make you ditch your old BBQ grill and buy a Traeger smoker.
- Handy side shelves made of stainless steel
- Dual storage cabinet beneath for ample storage space
- 589 square inches of grilling space (31’ x19’)
- 3-piece porcelain grate
Height: 49 inches
Weight: 170 lbs.
Width: 57 inches
Depth: 25 inches
- Easy for anyone to load, start, and use, simply set the dial, load the hopper and come back when the food is done.
- 18 lb hopper capacity which is great for smoking and longer cooking times.
- Easy to Assemble and comes with an instruction manual and the tools you need
- Supported by Traeger VIP customer service 365 days a year
- It’s one of the heaviest in the Traeger line of grills so portability may suffer.
- The automated temperature control does require electricity to operate.
How Traeger Renegade Elite Works
The Traeger Renegade Elite uses smart technology with an automated auger that feeds the pellets at a level that keeps your grill at the optimum cooking temperature. Believe it or not, with the Traeger Pellet Grill, you simply set your temperature based on the food you’re cooking and how you want to cook it, and then walk away and come back when it’s done.
The Traeger Renegade Elite works almost magically to let you not only barbecue and grill food but also bake, smoke, braise, or roast your food if desired. And the best part is you can do it all without having to stand and babysit the grill during the cooking process.
How Does Traeger Renegade Grill Compare to Other Grills
There’s simply no comparing the Traeger Renegade Grill to other grills. It’s truly an apple to oranges comparison when compared to traditional barbecue grills or wood smokers.
- The Traeger grill is like having a traditional barbecue grill, smoker, and a commercial convection oven all in one.
- Cooking on a traditional charcoal or propane grill is unpredictable but your Traeger is trustworthy and reliable.
- The Traeger Renegade Grill is durable and long lasting because it’s made of 16- gauge cold rolled steel that will hold up to repeated use.
- Anyone who has previously been intimidated by using propane or charcoal grills will simply love the simplicity of the Traeger Renegade Grill.
Why You Should Buy a Traeger Grill
If you’re considering buying a Traeger grill but aren’t quite won over yet, here are just a few highlights from various Traeger smoker reviews:
- Versatility is truly yours with the Traeger Grill automatic temperature settings. This technology lets you cook your meat, vegetables, seafood or other tasty dishes in a variety of ways all with just one grill. Grill perfect burgers, bake beautiful desserts and bread, roast, braise, or smoke food to perfection, all in the same grill, simply by adjusting the temperature setting.
- Delicious wood-fired flavor is at your fingertips with the Traeger Pellet Grill. Traeger makes more than eight different wood pellet hardwood flavors including Cherry, Applewood, Hickory, and Mesquite. If you’ve never tasted food cooked over a wood fire before you are in for a treat with the Traeger Renegade Pellet Grill.
- No Fuss, No Mess: Say goodbye to hard to light and messy charcoal and dangerous, unpredictable propane tanks. You don’t have to babysit or even add wood chips during the cooking process. Your Traeger Grill does it all for you.
- Perfect Food Every Time. Be the envy of your neighborhood because, with the digital smart grill technology, you simply set your desired temperature, load your grill and walk away. The convection fan and built-in heat shield mean no hot or cold spots, no flare-ups to burn your food, and no need to flip or turn your food during the cooking process. You simply cannot mess it up, no matter how inexperienced a cook you are.
- Bank for Your Buck: A quick review of just some of the Traeger Renegade Elite reviews from satisfied customers demonstrates the value of the Traeger Renegade Elite Grill. A twenty-pound bag of pellets costs under $20 and outlasts both propane or charcoal. Save money by eating great tasting food at home more often and not wasting food when it burns. The grill is backed by Traeger 3-year warranty. Traeger is a company which provides customer service 365 days of the year and has been in business for more than 30 years.
Types of Food that Is Best to Cook with Traeger Renegade Grill:
Anything you can cook in the oven you can cook in the Traeger Renegade Grill. Leave your oven on all summer long or even other times of the year because you can cook pizza, baked lasagna, stews, casseroles, and even jerky in your Traeger grill. You can also cook any type of meat, vegetables, or seafood including lobster, fish, ribs, asparagus, even kabobs, or watermelon.
Once dinner is done, you can also cook any type of desserts including muffins, chocolate chip cookies, even apple cobbler. Finish it off with the best-baked bread you’ve ever had, cooked right in your Traeger grill. Not to mention the use of hardwood flavored pellets means you can add new fantastic flavor to chicken, beef, and other food to prevent the dreaded menu boredom.
Check some of our other popular review articles: