Do you have an overload of zucchini? Here is a delicious and healthy twist to a classic Grilled cheese sandwich!
- 2 c. grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 Tbs. flour
- pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- Squeeze excess moisture out of zucchini.
- Combine shredded zucchini with egg, Parmesan, green onions and flour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Use enough oil to cover a large pan. Use 1/4 cup of mixture to form into a patty.
- Cook until lightly golden on both sides. Drain the patties on paper towels. In a clean skillet place two patties topped with cheese and cook on medium heat until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.