Manually cleaning out the gutters on your roof is no fun. It’s tedious, gross, and dangerous. There were 580,000 ladder related injuries treated by medical professionals in 2018. Imagine how many more weren’t seen by physicians.
There is a better way. Gutter guards. The best gutter guards do the bulk of the work for you. They catch the largest debris that enters the gutter and allows you to spray it away with a hose.
In this article, we’ll give you complete gutter guard reviews on the 13 best gutter guard systems for your home.
Comparison List of Our Top 15 Best Gutter Guards
Best Gutter Guards Reviews:
A-M Aluminum Gutter Guard
If you want a more affordable, and effective, gutter protection system that the A-M aluminum gutter guard is well worth popping on your shortlist. This gutter guard system is built to last and handles water overflow very well.
If you’re in a place where it rains a lot this is your gutter guard.
Fashioned from rugged aluminum and super-simple to set up, all you need to do is screw the protection in place, set it, and forget it.
The best part? You get 200 feet of this 5-inch guard at an extremely attractive price point.
- 5-inch guard in 200-foot length
- Rust-free aluminum
- 380 holes per foot of gutter guard
- Easy installation
- Fit to deal with heavy rain
- A subtle approach to protect your gutters
- Almost invisible from the ground
- Built to last at least 25 years
- Heavily perforated, this guard will stand up to even significant downpours
- Simple screw-in installation
- Excellent value for money without compromising quality
- ¼” screws not provided for installation
Raptor Gutter Guard
Another masterpiece that will definitely keep the gutters clean, the rainwater flowing, and keep the pests and insects from nesting. Raptor Gutter Guard, almost like a gutter helmet, is crafted from stainless steel.
The stainless steel manufacturing means it can withstand the elements and remain exposed all year long without losing efficiency.
- Made from high-grade stainless steel micro mesh
- Easy installation meant to go up at Raptor speed
- Built in the USA
- Comes in 45FT length
- Can fit any standard 5” gutter
- The stainless steel blocks almost everything.
- Dirt and insects won’t get into the gutter.
- Highly durable
- Effortless installation
- 25-year warranty
- Don’t perform well heavy rains
If something goes wrong, the 25-year warranty covers everything.
FlexxPoint 30-Year Gutter Cover System
If you’re looking for a budget approach to gutter guards, FlexxPoint has a system guaranteed for 30 years that won’t void your roof warranty.
Up for grabs in a range of sizes and colors, this 5-inch aluminum gutter guard offers plenty of bang for your buck. Once you’ve completed the super-simple installation, you can forget all about the constant need to keep your gutters debris-free and let this outstanding gutter guard do its work for decades.
- Sizes from 20 feet through 5000 feet
- 3 colorways
- Aluminum with stainless steel fasteners
- Doesn’t invalidate your roof guarantee
- 3-point design
- The permanent installation which won’t give you a headache or call for any maintenance
- Available in a black, white or matte finish to work with any color scheme
- Proprietary 3-point system elevates the leaves and debris while simultaneously preventing clogging
- Choice of 6 lengths (20, 100, 200, 500, 1000 and 2000 feet) offering you complete flexibility with your gutter guard system
- Outstanding value for money considering build quality and durability
- Watch out for bending and wastage during installation
This one may be the one for you. It’s incredible price and overall quality make it one of the best gutter protection systems out there.
Check it out now.
LeafsOut 5” Micro Mesh Rain Gutter Guard
While micro mesh gutter guards are not cheap, they get the job done! Think of it as an investment in quality. LeafsOut Micro Mesh Rain Gutter Guard makes a fantastic and hard-wearing guard that will keep the leaves and pests in check.
Available in a range of sizes to fit pretty much any roof, you can’t go wrong with this DIY micro mesh rain gutter guard system.
- Micro mesh system
- Sample size, 23 feet, 39 feet or 100 feet options
- Stainless steel
- Designed to be pest-free
- Fits most gutters and roofs
- Screws for install included
- 5-inch guard available in a wide range of lengths from 23 feet to 100 feet
- Ultra-fine pores mean only rainwater will pass through keeping even very small debris at bay
- Perforated with tiny holes to make sure all insects are kept safely away
- Rugged stainless steel and anodized aluminum, so no weather damage
- Straightforward screw-in installation
- Frequently sold out
LeafTek 5″ x 200′ Gutter Guard
When it comes to the gutter protection of your home, LeafTek Gutter Guard will do the job perfectly.
What is unique in this gutter guard is that it won’t allow water overflow. This results in the proper protection of your house from damages.
LeafTek guards are perfectly designed to protect your home gutter guard system from debris and grit. It successfully keeps smaller particles away from clogging and blocking the gutters.
- 24/7 Support
- Sample size: 49 x 5.9 x 2 inches
- Weighs only 11.75 pounds
- Constructed from stainless materials
- The stainless construction keeps corrosion away
- Installation is relatively straightforward.
- Keeps away even the smallest particles
- 35-year warranty
- Not compatible for some gutters
If you are keen on your home protection, then the LeafTek Gutter Guard is the perfect option for you to take.
GutterBrush Leaf Gutter Guard
This effective and sustainable leaf guard that does a great job of keeping your gutters clean. The GutterBrush Gutter Guards also protect your gutters from dirt, pests, and other debris and keeps your water flow moving.
It’s relatively easy to set up. All you need to do is follow the manual, which is quite straightforward and easy-to-read.
In terms of quality and design, these guards are constructed of polyethylene bristles that are all connected to a galvanized steel wire core.
- Designed from polyethylene bristle guards
- Quite easy to install and set up
- Effectively keeps your gutters away from larger leaves and debris
- Affordable yet effective gutter guard
- Maintains consistent water flow
- Easy set up
- Primarily for DIY home-owners
- Short lifespan
- Handles large debris well but you’ll still have to clean out smaller debris from the gutters
All in all, this is the best bang for your buck if you’re looking for a budget model. It’s an awesome pick and choice for people tight on cash but needing gutter protection.
It does a solid job of competing with it’s more expensive counterparts with debris resistance and maintains a hearty water flow without clogging.
E-Z Aluminum Mesh Gutter Guards
For a truly budget option, these E-Z Quick 10 aluminum mesh gutter guards are a top-notch defense against the leaves and assorted mess that can clog up your gutters when fall comes around.
As far as installing gutter guards goes you can’t get much easier than snap-on placement. The 4 snap-on sections totaling 40 feet will anchor firmly into place and stay there until you want to pull them off.
If you’re looking for overall value, these mesh guard systems are hard to ignore.
- Non-rusting aluminum
- 40 feet of gutter guard in 4 sections
- ¾ inch overlap
- Close mesh
- Snaps out when required
- Snap-on installation with no need for any screws so get going straight out the box
- Exceptional value for money without stiffing you on quality or effectiveness
- Fits standard 5-inch roof gutters so ideal for most homes
- Aluminum resists rotting or rusting as it comes pre-expanded
- Will stay neatly in place even in adverse conditions but snaps out with ease when it’s time for any maintenance
- Some users report difficulties with installation and fitting
If function, affordability, and ease of installation are what matters to you in gutter guards then this is the pick for you.
Check it out now.
Spectra Metal Armour Screen Gutter Guard
Do you know why the Spectra Screen Gutter Guard is one of a kind? It uses a pressure fit system that locks on the front edge of the gutter without needing to be professionally installed. This gives you premium protection for a fraction of the price.
This modern and steady gutter guard system adds extra supreme sustainability to the gutter guard, making it last longer and perform better.
- Made from high-quality corrosion-resistant aluminum
- Easy to install
- Unique pressure fit system locks guards in place
- Efficiently protect your gutters from clogging
- Quite a straightforward installation
- Needs maintenance and revision of the installation from time to time
Smart Screen Gutter Protection Covers
Made from aluminum and easy to install, the Smart Screen Gutter Guard creates quite an attractive option at an affordable price. From leaves to mold, moss, seeds, and more this gutter guard blocks them all.
- Made in Canada
- Easy and simple to install
- Mounting screws are supplied
- It’s incredibly easy to set it up
- it fits perfectly on roof gutters
- Some customers complain about poor packaging
GUTTERSTUFF EZ Gutter Guard
This gutter guard could be one of the few professional guards you can install and set up completely by yourself without any help.
The Gutterstuff EZ Gutter Guard will effectively keep the water flow clean and away from clogging. On top of that, it’s foam inserts do a great job of fitting themselves perfectly into your gutters with no damage to your home.
Simply follow the step-by-step manual description and you’ll be more than fine. I did it myself once, and, truth be told, I’m not even close to DIY savvy and they turned out great!
- A simple and straightforward DIY installation
- 3-year warranty card
- Unique foam material
- Top-notch at protecting gutters from clogging
- 3-year warranty
- The foam inserts do an awesome job in keeping the water flow clean and protected
- Maintenance is easy
- You’ll only have to check periodically how your gutter guards are performing
- Might not be built from the highest quality materials
- Shorter lifespan
Overall, this might be one of the best DIY gutter guards on the market.
It’s a great option for DIY home-owners that are actually looking for a cheaper pick that does a fantastic job keeping your gutters clean and protected from debris.
Amerimax Gutter Guard
Amerimax Gutter Guards (85470) are a fantastic option that provides easy installation and incredible protection.
It comes at an affordable price, and it is constructed from lightweight materials. The gutter guard is also effortless to install.
The plastic holes might seem more significant, but the Amerimax guard comes with a connected filter that restricts smaller particles from getting through.
- Sample size: 37 x 9 x 9 inches
- Plastic construction
- This model is quite bulky.
- It weighs 18 pounds
- Extremely easy to install because of their snap-on type of mechanism
- It successfully restricts the access of smaller particles to the gutters
- Affordable price
- Limited lifespan due to the low quality plastic materials
- Not sustainable with some gutters
If you have a spending limit, then Amerimax Gutter Guard might be the perfect choice for you. It is effortless to install and does a fantastic job for its price and features.
It’s ideal for K-style gutters.
Easyon 5″ Gutter Guard
Easyon is a pocket-friendly steel mesh gutter guard that’s designed to keep leaves away as well as sand, grit or even pine needles.
The 4 sections are a cinch to screw into place with everything you need provided in the package. Tack on the optional IceMelt Cover if you live in a snowy region and you’ve got yourself an all-purpose gutter guard solution for the price of a dinner out.
- Stainless steel micro mesh
- 9 x 4-foot sections
- Screws and driver included
- Designed for up to 150 inches of rain per hour
- IceMelt Cover optional
- Heavy-duty stainless steel mesh dispatches leaves and heavier grit and debris without a hitch
- 36 feet in 4 easy-to-install sections
- Set it up at a slight angle to ensure most efficient shedding of dirt, sand, and leaves
- For anyone living in a colder area, the IceMelt Cover makes light work of icicles or any snow build-up keeping your gutters running free
- Superb value for money considering the results you’ll experience
- Fitting the corner sections can prove slightly taxing but it’s not a deal-breaker
It’s got everything that you’d want in a gutter guard and comes at an incredible price. What’s more to like?
Check it out for yourself.
The Wedge Downspout Gutter Guard
What makes this downspout gutter guard special is its Risk-Free Trial feature. You’re able to try it out, make a personal assessment, and keep it if it seems like a good fit for your home’s needs.
On the other hand, you have the option to return the gutter guard within 30 days for a full refund.
The gutter guard features a straightforward and simple installation. It does an effective job of prohibiting leaves and other large debris from gutters.
- Easy to install
- Made in the USA
- Risk-Free Trial
- Incredible performance
- Straightforward installation
- Not meant for professional purposes
- May not suitable for larger and solid houses
However, it’s not one of the most reliable picks. But if you don’t mind the lack of professional design and durability some other gutter guards have then the Wedge Downspout Gutter Guard is a great option for you.
STEELCO 6-Mesh Galvanized Gutter Guard
The STEELCO Gutter Guard does an outstanding job protecting your gutters. It doesn’t restrict the water flow. The rainwater passes effortlessly through the mesh into the drain.
It’s relatively easy to install and provides smooth edges for secure handling. This one is also made from stainless materials which help in protection against rust.
- Weighs only 6 pounds
- Sample size: 6 x 36 x 1.5 inches
- Constructed from steel and aluminum
- Manufactured in Kentucky, USA.
- It has a rigid construction which provides a longer lifespan
- Built-in stainless materials protect the gutter guard from corrosion
- Incredible performance in downpours
- The gutters stay fully opened for maximum efficiency
- Affordable price
- Easily fits in smaller gutters
- You may need to get them professionally installed depending on the gutter system of your home
The Steelco 6-Mesh Galvanized Gutter Guard is an incredible option when you are experiencing gutter clogging and blocking problems but still need to avoid water overflow.
It does a fantastic job in eliminating debris that is trying to get through the guard and into the drain all while maintaining a completely free flowing gutter system without overflow.
Ultimate Gutter Guard by Gutter&Drain
The Ultimate Gutter Guard by Gutter and Drain is a quality affordable option on the market today.
Buying the Ultimate Gutter Guard will prevent you from wasting time, money, and effort. It does an outstanding job of keeping smaller particles away from the gutter. The simple installation makes it a breeze to get onto the house.
The unique mesh gutter cover does an incredible job in keeping your gutter guard clean and protected.
- Extremely lightweight! Only 4.7 pounds
- Sample size: 50.5 x 7 x 3.5 inches
- Easy installation
- 5-year warranty
- Not compatible for some guttering systems
It does a superior job to keep smaller particles away, and it is effortless to install.
Why Do You Need Gutter Guard System:
Less Cleaning Time
Without a doubt, once your gutter gets full of debris, cleaning will consume lots of time than you may think.
Even the best gutters need monthly cleanings. So, purchasing a gutter guard system allows for a more relaxed gutter cleaning schedule
Keep Debris Out of Your Gutters
This is the primary reason as to why you need gutter guards.
Depending on the type of gutter guards you buy, you will be able to keep your gutters safe from debris. As they protect the gutters, they will also make it possible for water to flow through smoothly.
Low Maintenance Cost and Longer Lifespan
Using a gutter guard lengthens the lifespan of your gutters by avoiding rust and other damage from trapped debris.
Less of a Fire Risk
Dry trapped debris in your gutters is an accidental fire waiting to happen. One ember from the backyard bonfire could set your whole house blazing.
Avoid unnecessary fire risk by avoiding the build up of debris in the first place.
Types of Gutter Guards:
Mesh Gutter Guards
- Metal sheets riddled with tiny holes
- Micro mesh gutter guards attach directly to the roof shingles
Foam Gutter Guards
- Fitting straight into your gutter
- These plastic attachments block all debris from hitting the gutter
Nylon Gutter Guards
- Perfect for combating snow
- Ideal winter gutter guards
Reverse Curve Gutter Guards
- With the water being pushed downward, these guards encourage leaves to fall to the floor
Bottle Brush Gutter Guards
- Upright facing guards made from bristles
- These guards help the water to flow away with the debris sat on top
Today, we’ll focus on aluminum and steel mesh guards but it pays for you to know the other types available. We’ll get right down to business now with a brief summary of the gutter guards system on the market before clearing up some common questions about the effectiveness of these gutter covers…
Does Gutter Guard System Really Work?
The easiest way to determine if gutter guards are worth the investment is to examine the pros and cons. The experts agree that they definitely cut down on gutter cleanings.
Also, depending on the type of home you have and the location you might not need gutter protection at all.
Use this list to make up your own mind about the need and effectiveness of using a gutter guard system.
- Less gutter cleaning throughout the year
- Extends the lifespan of your gutters
- Stops birds or rodents from nesting and blocking your gutters
- Easy solution with simple installation
- Eliminates stagnant water collection
- An added expense to the maintenance of your home
- Needs some trial and error to find the ones that will work best for you
- Cleaning is still required
- They may cause your gutters to sag
- Ladders may dent the guards
- Not suitable for steep roofs
How to Choose The Best Gutter Guards System:
Assess the Quality of Materials:
What your gutter guards are made of determines how effective they will protect the gutter, how easy it will be for you to install them, as well as how long the guards will last.
Some guards are made from heavy duty materials that could cause your gutters to sag a few days after installation.
Considering what the guard is made of and what kind of gutters you have will help you pick the right one for your home. Buy the most durable material your gutters can withstand weight wise.
Ease of Installation:
If you do not have plans to hire a professional installer to do the installation for you; be sure to buy gutter guards that are easy to install.
This is crucial in ensuring that the guards perform to the best of their ability and you avoid hurting yourself, your gutters, or your home.
The sole purpose of gutters is to drain water into the intended areas, right?
So, be sure to consider if the guards allow water into the gutters. The guard-holes should be small enough to prevent debris from getting into the gutters. But, large enough to allow water to move freely through the gutters and avoid overflow.
Cost of Gutter Guards:
High cost doesn’t equal the best in this case. Low cost also doesn’t equal the worst. When it comes to gutter guards each home and gutter system is different.
Whichever guard you choose, ensure that the quality matches well with the price. Look for competitive pricing and compare similar products before purchase.
It’s a good idea to look for gutter guards that come with a warranty. The warranty should cover any problems that concern the installation of guards.
Not only that, the warranty should cover any issues that arise with the material. When a product has a long-term warranty that shows a manufacturer that believes in the quality of their product.
What is Best Gutter Guards With Pine Needles?
Aluminium Structure Guard
This guard has several channels. The channels have gaps that have a mesh-cloth covering, which is made of stainless steel.
This covering is fine enough to allow water to pass through effectively between them. The best thing is that solid particles do not penetrate through the mesh.
Solid Metal Cover
These are great for small, thin pine needles because their edge curves beyond the gutters edge.
Further, once it curves, it returns to the inside. This way; all the debris falls off at the edge of the curve.
Metal Mesh Screen
Usually, this is a screen that is placed on the top of gutters. It works the same way as a plastic mesh screen.
As you know, foam absorbs water. That’s precisely what this foam guard does. While at it, all debris is kept off the gutter.
Six Steps To Install Your New Micro Mesh Gutter Covers:
Installing micro mesh gutter covers couldn’t be simpler.
- Measure the gutters to determine the right gutter guards to buy.
- Clean the gutters before installing the guards. A hose, a scrubber, and a towel may be helpful in the cleaning task.
- Gather all the necessary tools for the installation process. Such may include a ladder, screws and screwdriver, a drill (if need be), and gloves.
- Shove one of the guard-edges below the shingles then snap-in the other edge by pushing it downwards.
- While the inner side of the guards is firmly held by the shingles, it is advisable to drill holes on the outer edge of your guards.
- Next, use screws to fasten them. Such mostly is crucial for areas with unfavourable weather conditions.
Cleaning Your Gutter Guard System
Read More: List of Best Undercounter Refrigerators for Your Home
When Should You Replace Your Gutter Guard System?
There’s such a wide disparity with an expected lifespan that there’s no easy answer to this.
Cheap and shoddy gutter guards might give up the ghost within one to two years while others are guaranteed for decades and might even last a lifetime.
Check the manufacturer’s warranty and information for the intended lifespan of the gutter guards you decide on.
Which Are the Best Gutter Guards? The Ones That Work Best for Your Home
We hope you’ve found plenty of useful information in these gutter guard reviews and you’re now able to decide whether or not a gutter guard system is a good idea for your home.