Best Recliners for Sleeping Reviews | TOP 5 PICKS
Buying a new sleeping recliner chair isn’t a decision to made lightly. If you’re like most people, your recliner chair, especially one you sleep infrequently, becomes almost part of the family. When it comes time to buy one or replace your old one, you’ll want to choose from the best sleeping recliners to maximize comfort and function.
Not only does your new recliner chair have to be comfortable and suit your lifestyle, it has to fit your budget too. Once you start to look at what’s available on the market you’ll discover that there are several different types of recliner chairs and each one has their own unique benefit. We’ve scoured the best of the best power recliner reviews to bring you our top 5 picks for best sleep chair.
Types of Recliner Chairs
- Rocker Recliners general has several different positions for reclining. These are better for smaller spaces because the back doesn’t have to fully recline.
- Lift Recliners are generally used for people who have trouble getting up on their own from a sitting position. The seat of the chairlifts up and tilts to assist yours in getting to an upright position.
- Two Position Recliners can either be in the upright position or you can release a lever or button on the side to get to the fully reclined position.
- Zero Gravity Reclining Chair is built for outdoor use but can be used indoors as well. Zero gravity chairs are lightweight and portable but off a multitude of reclining positions and support up to 300 pounds.
The Best Recliner Currently On The Market – Reviews 2018
If you’ve been looking for a larger chair to fit in with the rest of your luxurious living room or den furniture, look no further because this Leather Rocker Recliner by Flash Furniture fits the bill. Soft, pliable LeatherSoft material provides comfort and luxury similar to leather without the high price tag. It will fit right in with the rest of your living room furniture and soon be a part of the family you won’t want to part with.
- Comfortable Bustle Back Padding
- One Lever Operation
- LeatherSoft Material with polyurethane for durability and softness
- Easy to Assemble
- Easy Cleaning with Damp Cloth
- Fire Retardant Foam (CA117)
- Reclining lever can be harder to pull for some people.
- May be too short for those more than six feet tall
This Dorel Living Dual Massage Recliner takes the comfort of your rocker chair to a whole new level as one of the best massage recliners. Zone massage in the back and seat include high or low settings that operate separately or together to give you the perfect massage every time. The chair pad if fully upholstered for maximum knee and leg support. Back and seat cushions are sewn in for no hassle and durability.
- Full recline operation with one lever release
- Zone Massage for back and seat
- Easy Assembly
- Reclines and Rocks
- Works well in smaller spaces
- Rock, Recline, Massage all in one
- May seem noisy when massage feature is on
- Not as comfortable for larger people
- Lower to the ground than standard chairs
Comfort and ergonomics come together to create a perfect partnership with the Caravan Infinity Zero Gravity Chair. This modern style recliner chair provides ultra-comfort with durability that you can take virtually anywhere. It works indoors or outside and it’s perfect for camping, the beach, or even next to the pool in the backyard. You’ll be the envy of all your friends and it’s the best recliner chair for sleeping.
- Easy to Use Locking system
- Smooth reclining motion
- Folds down for portability
- Supports up to 300 pounds
- Adjustable headrest
- Long lasting fabric designed for outdoor weather
- Strong powder coated steel frame resists rust
- Chair can feel unreliable until you get used to the “floating” feeling.
- Friends will clamor to sit in it so you may want to take along an extra.
When it comes to the Power Lift Recliner Chair by Coaster Home Furnishings, you truly get the best of both worlds. It’s a power lift chair for those that need a bit of assistance in standing and it’s also designed to be one of the best sleep chairs, with thick padded arms, pocket coil seat, and a headrest. For those with mobility issues who need to be comfortable sitting for an extended period, this is one of the best life recliner chairs.
- Modern technology with the comfort you love
- Comes with remote control
- Gentle power recline function
- Built-in pocket to keep remote and other necessities within easy reach
- Choice of colors
- Great Price
- Backup battery included
- Some users complained about a delay in the lift function
- Seam and springs may be uncomfortable after repeated wear
- Can be a bit wobbly
The Giantex Leather Recliner is one of the best sofa recliners. One of the great design elements in this chair is the partially foldable footrest. The chair has thick high-quality padding in the neck and torso areas of the chair to help reduce spinal pressure. With just one switch to operate the back and the footrest, it’s easy for just about anyone to operate.
- Easy to Assemble
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Can fully recline to an almost flat position
- Nice leather material
- Smaller than other chairs
- Some users reported cushioning going flat
- Reclining process could be smoother
- Legs do not adjust
Why Sleeping in Recliner is Good for You
- Reduce Aches and Pains that can come with sleeping on a mattress that is too hard or too soft and pushes uncomfortably on pressure points.
- Increase Blood Circulation and Relieve Back Pain by reducing compression and pressure on the spine.
- Alleviate Pregnancy Discomfort by providing better support, allowing feet above the heart, and supporting weight without crushing.
- Rest Without Sleeping in an area outside of your bedroom can improve mood and relieve stress-related health issues such as depression and headaches.
- Prevent Acid Reflux and Heartburn by elevating esophagus and throat above the stomach.
- Help Prevent Breathing Problems by keeping head and torso upright and keeping the airway open.
Does Sleeping in a Recliner Hurt You?
While for most people, sleeping in a recliner chair may feel like a great solution to your current ailments, there are some drawbacks.
Hip and Knee Contractures can occur for those who sleep in a recliner repeatedly over a long-term period. Contractures occur when muscles tighten over the joints. This can negatively impact your ability to stand and remain upright and can result in increased risk of falls.
Leg Swelling and Circulation can be a problem for those who spend significant time just sitting in a recliner or with their legs hanging down. Alternating positions frequently, keeping legs elevated, and moving around can help prevent these issues.
Check some of our other popular review articles: