Today, we’ll take a brief look at 15 of the best vacuum for laminate floors so you can keep your floors looking pristine without leaving any scratches on the delicate surface. We’ve chosen a selection of vacuums at different price-points and in different styles so there’s something for everyone. After our laminate floor vacuum reviews, we’ll give you a few handy hints so you can make certain you get a perfect multi-floor vacuum cleaner with your specific needs.
Laminate is softer and cheaper than hardwood but reasonably resistant to stains, scuffs and moisture as long as you care for it properly. Check out our reviews now and we’ll show you what to look out for when you’re trying to get the best vacuum for your laminate, hardwood or tile floors for keeping them showroom-fresh…
Best Vacuums for Laminate Floor Reviews 2020:
Dyson V6 Fluffy Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
If you have hard floors, you’ll need a vacuum specially designed to give adequate suction without going over the top. The Fluffy is sufficiently powerful with a capable V6 motor but, along with its soft brush cleaning head, gentle enough not to scratch up your floating wood tile. A cordless vacuum, you won’t be restricted to a power outlet so you can clean for 15 to 20 minutes before needing to give it some juice. For added flexibility, you also get a detachable handheld so you can take care of all your cleaning needs with one combined unit.
A supercharged Max Power mode reduces the run-time but gives you extra grunt for eliminating those stubborn stains. For a hard-hitting cordless perfect for laminate, the Dyson V6 Fluffy is a strong contender for the #1 cordless vacuum for laminate floor.
- The cleaner head is perfectly designed to be soft enough to clean all dust and debris from hard floors without scratching them
- 2-in-1 functionality converting easily to a nifty handheld
- Blitz stubborn stains with a burst of Max Power mode when you need it
- Motorized tool included ideal for sucking up pet hair or any ingrained grime
- Cordless so gives you complete freedom of movement
- Questionable build quality not up to the normal stellar Dyson standards
iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum
Being a pet owner can be challenging at times. You love your pets; however, keeping the house clean all the time is tough. Also, with no help at hand, it can get tiring at the end of the day. To help you with your cleaning needs, we suggest looking at the iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum that cleans in the corners and under the bed too. Its advanced dirt sensing technology makes it easy to detect pet hair on the ground and clean it along with the dirt on the hard floor.
Besides, the dual multi-surface rubber brushes adapt to the floor and carpet giving you a seamless experience. Another advantage is that it automatically recharges, making it easy to set and forget your cleaning chore. And if you own an Alexa or Google Assistant, then the Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum is your best bet. Operate the vacuum with Alexa or Google Assistant.
- Well-versed with picking pet hair
- Cleans in the corners
- Automatically recharges
- Strong Motor
- Sharp location awareness for cleaning map
- At times, it can be difficult to come out of narrow spaces
Shark Rocket DeluxePro HV323 Vacuum
For an extremely agile vacuum for tile floors, the Shark Rocket DeluxePro makes a smart choice. Tipping the scales at a mere 9 pounds but with more than ample suction power, you get a winning combination of raw performance and maneuverability.
Expressly designed to impart a spotless finish on your home floor without leaving any scuffs or scratches behind, the micro-fiber pad and Dust-Away attachment work in perfect harmony for a restrained yet thorough clean. You can get rid of both fine dust and larger debris fuss-free. With a generous 25-foot power cord and a sizeable dirt cup, Shark delivers a truly user-friendly vacuum that doesn’t stint on performance. A neat set of LED lights is a lovely touch with a vac at this price point.
Anyone looking for the best vacuum to use on all types of floors should pop the Shark on their shortlist. It will not disappoint.
- Super lightweight and maneuverable vacuum weighing just 9 pounds giving the performance of an upright but the appearance of a stick
- Use Dust-Away hard floor attachment along with microfiber pad for a spotless finish on your laminate
- Motorized brush and pet tool to eliminate all unsavory pet hair
- Clean in dim environments with ease thanks to nifty LED lights
- Substantial dust cup so get more work done without needing to keep emptying the container
- The Shark doesn’t stand up on its own so be aware of this before purchasing
Bissell 1161 Hard Floor Expert Vacuum Cleaner
Not everyone wants a bulky upright vacuum and this Bissell canister serves up plenty of performance in an agile and lightweight unit. Although its intended purpose is for cleaning the hard floor, you can swap out the head if you have carpets at home.
The wheels won’t leave any scratch marks in their wake thanks to the rubber and felt protection on them. While the soft bristles on the brush are delicate enough for tile floors, they’re more than fit for purpose when it comes to agitating and removing any filth and ingrained mess. Read Bissell Powerforce Vacuum Comparisons if you want to know more about best Bissell vacuum. The Bissell is a dream to move around and a cinch to control. It’s one of the best vacuum for tile floors in its class and price range. So road tests the 1161 today.
- Adequate power without the harshness that can spoil hard floor
- Easy-Empty dirt tank lets you ditch the container at the push of a button without getting a face full of dust and allergens
- Ergonomic fingertip controls let you fine-tune the suction without breaking your stride
- Extremely nimble thanks to the compact design and rubberized wheels that won’t mark your laminate wood floors
- Soft bristles on brush get rid of all dust and debris from hard floors gently and without leaving any imperfections
- A number of reported complaints about longevity and build quality
Roborock S5 Robot Vacuum and Mop
If you have used an intelligent vacuum cleaner before and have left asking for more then the Roborock S5 Robot Vacuum cleaner is your ideal choice. It comes with advanced settings to avoid slamming, anti-collision, anti-falling, and jam-resistance. The synchronous sweeping and mopping give a clean finish. With this, you’re prepared for a complete cleaning without having to look into finer dust particles being left behind. It also engages in advanced climbing to a maximum of 2 cm without having to move it to another place. It’s compact, and the storage space required is optimal, making it a great buy.
- Suitable for all floor types
- Great price for the functionalities
- Requires little recharge
- It does not save the map
BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Steamer
A steam mop that is safe, aromatic, and cleans on all floors can be used everywhere you go. The Bissell Powerfresh steam mop is one such mop that is chemical-free and sanitizes your floors with natural steam power. Based on how you want the steam to work through the cleaning you can adjust the steam settings accordingly. The spring breeze fragrance is another excellent feature that leaves a refreshing feeling after cleaning. Hard floors like marble, granite, ceramic, linoleum can be easily cleaned with the Bissell Powerfresh steam mop. If you are searching for a child-friendly mop, look no further. The Bissell mop ticks all the boxes on safety, cleanliness, and options to use steam for deep cleaning.
- Different steam levels
- Comes with a refreshing scent
- Chemical free
- Suitable for all hard floors types
- It can be a little hard to push around·
Shark Rotator NV753
Shark has a hard-won reputation for producing solid vacuums that punch above their weight without costing a fortune. The Rotator is no exception. It’s not exactly cheap but offers superb value for money. If you need more versatility than the bulky upright, you can flick a switch and you’ll be able to use the neat little canister for cleaning in awkward spots or up and down the stairs.
The Rotator is targeted at hard flooring and from the gentle attachment with soft micro-fiber pad through to the mini motorized brush, you can render your tile floors spotless with minimum effort. With a superb sealed filtration system, a wide range of attachments and a fantastic finish to your laminate and tile floors without leaving any marks behind, the Shark Rotator is one of the best tile floor vacuum cleaners to use at a price you’ll love.
- Get 3-in-1 functionality with upright, lift-away canister and canister caddy offering superb bang for your buck
- Ideal for anyone with allergies thanks to Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology wicking away all pathogens and contaminants
- Hard floor Genie attachment with re-usable, washable microfiber pad makes this a perfect vacuum for mixed floors.
- Never Loses Suction Technology means you’ll get superior suction at all times
- LED lights simplify working in dull environments
- Fairly heavy and bulky but mitigated by detachable canister
Roborock E20 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The Roborock E20 comes with natural water sucking, and it’s easy to use. Its intelligent system functions with a dual-gyro system that’s easy to clean and picks finer particles too. Besides, you can also mop or vacuum or do both at the same time. With thirteen onboard sensors, it identifies the flooring or carpet and detects the suction power that’s needed for optimum performance. What you also get is the self-charging facility that allows maximum battery usage for a long time. You also get a regular cleaning that’s designed for optimal cleaning and with precision. With the washable filter the vacuum can be used for a long time. While it is useful, it can struggle, especially when it comes to handling large rugs.
- It comes with Alexa voice control
- There are six cleaning modes
- Works with all floor types
- Anti-falling prevents unwanted damage
- It cannot skip over big rugs
Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner
If you often move across the top and basement floors cleaning and moving things, you need a handy tool that’s light yet effective in cleaning. The hoover floormate is suitable for hardwood, vinyl, tile, and hardwood floors. Along with it, the dual technology separates clean and dirty water. It prevents dirty water from coming back onto the floor. The wash dry mode effectively removes excess water when you want it to dry and pushes water onto the floor when you want the floor to be a bit wet for cleaning. For hard stains, the extra detergent cleans tough stains and makes it easy to get a clean surface. However, at times the brushes might not spin as much as you want it.
- Can be used on all surfaces
- Dual tank technology separates dirty and clean water
- Fingertip technology cleans rigid surfaces easily
- Brushes might not spin as much as you want it
Dirt Devil Razor Multi Floor Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner is lightweight and comes with a swivel steering that moves around the house with minimal effort. Because it is lightweight, you can take it while you’re moving places too. With ten feet of extra reach, the vacuum is easy to adjust and cleans well. For the rigid dirt and pet hair around the house, a single walk with this vacuum cleaner can clean the space and minimize your cleaning time. The Turboclaw is a handy tool to clear rigid stains from every corner.
- Its lightweight. .
- Easy to clean in cramped spaces
- Powerful suction that pulls in secluded dirt
- Ideal for carpet and hard floors
- It can be a bit large to carry around, even though it is lightweight
Oreck Commercial Commercial Orbiter Floor Machine
Here is one tool that can be used in large spaces with the 50-foot power cord. This floor machine is used to clean floors and for dry-cleaning. At the same time, it moves between the brush and pad sold separately. It is sleek and can be taken around quickly. Because the orbital drive is built to move in large spaces, it has a 175rpm that’s ideal for cleaning, scrubbing, and polishing. For those rigid carpet stains, this cleans the surface with no brush marks and instead glides through comfortably, leaving behind a smooth finish.
- Polishes and used to buff hardwood floors
- Ideal for ceramic tiles
- Convenient for high-grade carpets
- Not suitable for use in small spaces
Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner
At first glance, it might look bulky. However, it is anything but that. It is lightweight and comes with an ergonomic handle. If your delicate hands, then the ergonomic handle is what you need for that intensive clean without straining your hand. It also has the park system for vacuum breaks. The six-stage rotary selector helps in easy use across a 33’ cleaning radius. The locking system makes it easy to move around, and the castor wheels are gentle on the floors. You also get a sensitive clean without having to put in a lot of effort. The retractable cord makes for comfortable movement across the room.
- Six sensors rotary dial makes for smooth movement
- The head and handle can be locked making it safe to use
- Ergonomic handle
- Not an intelligent system if that’s what you are looking for
VonHaus 2 in 1 Stick & Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
When you are new to the idea of using a stick handheld vacuum cleaner on the hardwood floor, an easy to use vacuum cleaner can be a lifesaver. It can reduce the dirt, improve the surface, and maintain a clean environment to live. It comes with a 130 air watts suction power that can be used for handheld cleaning. Another advantage is the HEPA filter that traps the dirt, preventing any dust from going back on the surface. The service tools make it easy to enter small spaces, making it perfect for deep cleaning. It also smoothly glides over surfaces, making it a comfortable use and easy to store vacuum cleaner.
- Two in one stick vacuum
- HEPA filtration system that prevents recirculation
- Easy to use
- Can get overheated at times
MOOSOO Vacuum Cleaner for Hard Floor
This hard floor vacuum cleaner performs as amazing as it looks. With an easy to use handle and crevice nozzle, the dust and dirt on the sofa disappear in a matter of minutes. The multiple filtrations that exist prevent dirt and bacteria in the environment, thereby ensuring a safe and spotless room. Besides, the brush head makes it easy to enter below the bed and in corners, making it a regular companion during your cleaning routine. Since it is lightweight, you can carry it everywhere with ease. This premium looking vacuum cleaner is suitable as a gift and is required when you need deep cleaning at home.
- Great finish
- Perfect as a gift
- Lightweight yet powerful to clean large as well as small spaces
- Difficult to use on thick rugs
Electrolux EUR3683 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Next up in our search for the best product to clean laminate tile floors is a budget-friendly option from Electrolux. The Sanitaire Mighty Mite is a durable and powerful commercial vacuum equally comfortable in your home. Everything from the efficient 1100-watt motor through to the HEPA-ready filtration and broad scope of attachments means this vacuum is a workhorse that won’t let you down.
The wands give you plenty of added reach when you’re cleaning up high or down under furniture. You’ll also get a selection of brushes and accessories so you can put the finishing touches on your cleaning job.
Although suction is commendable, the overall design of this vacuum means you won’t ruin your floor in the quest for buffing it up. Whether you’re cleaning for commercial purposes or just want an immaculate home, check out the Electrolux Might Mite today.
- Wise choice if you need to undertake prolonged commercial cleaning jobs thanks to highly able 1100-watt motor, shoulder strap, and rugged build quality
- Buy an optional filter to uprate this vacuum to HEPA-filtration
- Generous attachments with 2 retractable wands, hose, crevice tool, dusting brush and 2 deluxe tools thrown in
- Great for all above-floor cleaning and made specifically for hard flooring
- Very powerful suction but not too harsh for laminate so clean with confidence
- Uses disposable bags so factor this in when you’re budgeting
How to Choose Best Laminate Floor Vacuum Cleaner
Here are a few key factors to take into account when looking for a vacuum for your home floor. We’ll limit these to elements specific to vacuums for laminate floors rather than general pointers for buying a vacuum…
Being able to tweak the power of the suction lets you reduce it for gentler cleaning of laminates while ramping things up if you have any carpets to deal with.
Motorized brush rolls are bad news for hard floors. Look out for vacuums with a soft brush roller to avoid leaving any unsightly marks behind you. Failing this, opt for a vacuum where you can switch the beater brush on and off for the double-win.
If you want to make sure of cleaning all around the edges of your room, under and on the furniture and mattress, look for a vacuum with plenty of attachments. Crevice tools, dusting brushes, and upholstery tools are indispensable and all our reviewed vacs feature a generous range of accessories.
Hopefully, you’ve got plenty of helpful information from these multi-floor vacuum cleaners reviews. If you think carefully about getting a vacuum tailored for the job of cleaning these attractive but vulnerable floors in the right way, the laminate floor will last you for years.
Get in touch anytime if you’ve got any queries or feedback at all. We love to hear from our readers and we’re always delighted to help.
Come back soon! We’re expanding our site right now so there’s plenty more to come.