Where-o-where has my time gone!!??
I have been doing a lot of cooking, so I hope to get a lot of blog posts ready this weekend and give you lots to read and talk about next week!
I am quite proud of myself, through this blog I feel I have really grown as a mother, woman, and chef!! Recently I had a great plan for a recipe, BUT, I did not have all of the ingredients, then the ingredients did not cooperate.Read More: Deviled Eggs Recipe
I had planned to make some chicken enchiladas. First, I did not have salsa. However, I had a can of diced tomatoes and some cumin. So, I kind of made up my own salsa! WOW, I was proud (yes, of myself!!).
Second, I have a strong dislike for corn tortillas! Yes, a strong one. Okay, maybe I should have heated them, but those things always seem to crack. Always! So, I improvised, and made a casserole instead of enchiladas.Read More: Panini Sandwich Recipe
- 2lbs chicken breasts
- 6 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp cumin (adjust to your liking)
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the chicken in a large deep skillet.
- Add enough water to cover the chicken and bring the water to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the water and put it on a cutting board.
- Shred the chicken and spray 9×13 ban with olive oil spray.
- Mix the diced tomatoes with the cumin and cilantro and put into a shallow dish. Dip two tortillas into the tomatoes and put on bottom of the baking dish
- Top with 1/3 of the shredded chicken, 1/3 of the ricotta, and 1/3 of the shredded cheese. Add another layer of two tortillas dipped in the tomatoes
- Repeat the layer of 1/3 each of the chicken, ricotta, and shredded cheese and the entire layer one more time.
- Cook in the oven at 350° for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and it is heated through.